Monday 14 November 2011

Keeping Up With My Kids reacts to the Prime Ministers call

Claire Coles, the Junior School teacher behind the keepingupwithmykids.co.uk website, has announced massive price cuts to encourage the widest possible use of her computer courses for parents.

Claire was inspired to this action by the Prime Minister’s speech to the Conservative Party Conference in October 2011.
 “It was wonderful to hear the Prime Ministers personal commitment to the education of our nation’s children, coming on the back of a similar commitment by Michael Gove earlier at the conference, said Claire.

I earnestly believe that a first class education is a child’s right not only for their own future but also as a way to avoid the social issues so visible in the riots in August.  It is vital for our country’s future, as well as for our children’s individual futures, that we re-establish education as the long term best way out of where we are now.

I also believe that parental involvement in a child’s education is critical to the child’s progress at school. Parents should not leave it to the teachers alone.  A parent’s greatest success will be the children they build.”

Claire goes on to explain:
“The action I have taken this week, following the PM’s speech, is to cut the price of my courses by 60% - from £49 to just £20.  I hope this will make the courses available to all parents, regardless of income.
The Prime Minister challenged our citizens to develop a “can do” positive attitude to the challenges we face as a nation. So I decided that, in the case of Junior School education, I was able to take his lead and I hope that my action shows that “I did”.

Claire hopes that the leadership being shown will enable the next generation of British children to be better educated and better prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century. 

No comments:

Post a Comment