Thursday 11 April 2013

Our day at Drusillas!



On Sunday 7th April I went to Drusillas with my two boys aged 5 and very nearly 3. Now, I’ve been going to there since I was about 5, so I’m no stranger to it, but now seeing it through my boys eyes is a whole new world!

I always loved my trips down there as a child, and because my aunty lived close by we would usually go a couple of times a year. We had been once or twice with my eldest when he was younger and actually went when I was 40weeks + 3 days pregnant with my second – I was hoping a ride on the Thomas Train would bring on labour ;) Didn’t quite work, but we still had a great time!

When we arrived at 10am on Sunday, my boys couldn’t wait to get through the gates and they were immediately fascinated by all the animals – they were especially taken with the python as it was right up against the glass and they were asking if it would come out like it did in the Harry Potter film! They were also interested in the mating tortoises! Lots of interesting answers from surrounding parents ;)

We slowly made our way round the zoo, stamping their ‘Animal Spotter Guide’ as we went and now my eldest is at school he was trying to read signs and the information, it was really lovely!


After looking at the animals we had worked up quite an appetite so we went to get some lunch at the Explorers Cafe: pizza was a winner with the boys!

It was then time to explore all the amazing play equipment both indoor and out! As the weather was actually behaving I was really keen for them to make the most of being outside, and boy did they! We stayed in the Go Bananas! section as it’s designed especially for children 6 years and under, so perfect for my 2 monkeys! They loved it, the eldest was off climbing and the youngest was never far behind! We then went a spent a lovely hour or so in the Amazon Adventure, it really is one of the best soft play centres I’ve been too! They boys adored it and they must have gone down the big blue slide about 20 times! 

 
Before going at nearly 4pm we had 2 goes on the Thomas Train! My nearly 3 year old is a massive Thomas fan so it was a real highlight for him!

 

If you haven’t been to Drusillas I highly recommend it! They’ve got loads of fantastic events coming up over the next few months including visits from Peppa Pig and Tree Fu Tom! Plus when the warmer arrives (fingers crossed!) there is always the Explorers Lagoon to cool off!

No comments:

Post a Comment